Search Committee for Law School's Next Dean Announced
The team that will conduct a national search for candidates for the dean of the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law has been announced.
Gary R. Roberts, who joined the school as dean in July 2007, will remain on the faculty after his retirement. He will retire as dean of the school on June 30, 2013.
The search committee will be led by retired Indiana Supreme Court Justice Theodore (Ted) R. Boehm.
Law school faculty and staff on the search committee include:
- Cynthia M. Adams, ’83, clinical professor of law
- Karen E. Bravo, professor of law, John S. Grimes Fellow and Dean’s Fellow
- Linda Kelly Hill, M. Dale Palmer Professor of Law and Immigration Clinic director
- Antony Page, vice dean & professor of law
- Chasity Q. Thompson, ’02, assistant dean, Office of Professional Development
- Carlton M. Waterhouse, associate professor of law and Dean’s Fellow
The search committee also includes a McKinney Law student: Nabeela Virjee, J.D. candidate 2013.
Other members of the search committee are:
- David Bodenhamer, professor of history and executive director, The Polis Center
- David W. Crabb, John B. Hickam Professor of Medicine and chairman of the Department of Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- James Gladden, dean, IU School of Physical Education and Tourism Management
- Jeff Linder, ’75, IU associate vice president for public affairs and government relations
- Hon. Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson, ’83, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- William R. Neale, ’73, partner, Krieg DeVault